Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Harald <my...@gmx.at> on 2003/10/22 16:05:50 UTC

Support for anyAttribute in xsd using wsdl2java

Hi,

a server-side xml-schema used by our wsdl makes use of "anyAttribute" like
this:

<xs:element name="Header" ref="Header" minOccurs="0"/>
 <xs:element name="Header">
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:anyAttribute processContents="skip"/>
  </xs:complexType>
 </xs:element>

Generating a client-implementation using wsdl2java of Axis 1.1 results in a
Header-class without explicit setter- and getter-methods like
setAnyAttributes() and getAnyAttributes(). It seams, that Axis does not
support "anyAttribute" in a scenario like this.

In another project we successfully used "any" to support any sub-elements
within "Attributes" like this:

<xs:element name="Attributes">
 <xs:complexType>
  <xs:sequence>
   <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
  </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

So Axis generated an Attributes-class with the methods set_any() and
get_any() as expected.

Do you have any hints for solving the problem when using "anyAttribute"?
Maybe any (minor) changes in the xml-schema would help?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Harald

Re: Support for anyAttribute in xsd using wsdl2java

Posted by Pedro Salazar <pe...@ptinovacao.pt>.
On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 15:05, Harald wrote:

> Generating a client-implementation using wsdl2java of Axis 1.1 results in a
> Header-class without explicit setter- and getter-methods like
> setAnyAttributes() and getAnyAttributes(). It seams, that Axis does not
> support "anyAttribute" in a scenario like this.

I can be wrong but I had the idea that attributes wasn't supposed to use
in WSDL 1.1, or at least it's advised to not use them. Here an extract
from wsdl 1.1 specification ($2.2 types):

"Use element form (not attribute)"

I don't know why is that, but is mentioned!

I think I already tried to generate classes from a WSDL complex type
with attributes and I hadn't luck in the classes generation.

Maybe someone here could clarify this better... (I hope)

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--
PS