Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Philip Ó Condúin <ph...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/27 11:35:26 UTC

Change LISTEN_ADDRESS

Hi All,

I currently have one node in a DC.  I am trying to add a second node into
the cluster which is in a different DC.

Obviously, Cassandra on node 1 will need to be able to talk to node 2 over
port 7000 and therefore the firewall rules will need to be correct.

I have been told by the team responsible for the comms that I need to use a
different interface on node 1 to be able to communicate on port 7000 with
node 2 (node 2 is not set up yet)

Problem:  I need to change the LISTEN_ADDRESS on node 1.
I've tried to find steps online how to do this without messing things up
internally, but can't.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?

Kind Regards,
Phil