Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Karianne Berg <ke...@start.no> on 2008/06/03 17:24:15 UTC

Notation for modelling content models?

Hello all,

I am in the process of documenting the content model I have chosen for my repository, but I am having a hard time finding an appropriate notation. The attached png file has an example of notation, but I don't like the fact that there is data in the content model. Also, this kind of model will get large and unwieldy rather quickly. Is there anyone that has any tips for documenting the content model of a repository?

Best regards,
Karianne Berg

Re: Notation for modelling content models?

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
Also have a look at

http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/contentmodels2.html

a follow-up post, which uses a mixture of UML (for node types) and
ER/FMC/space-tree style diagrams (for tree structure).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Notation for modelling content models?

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
Hallo Karianne,

Posted by Karianne Berg <ke...@start.no>.