Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> on 2002/11/05 05:19:02 UTC

Using SecureLinkTag with non-actions

Hi. I recently added the SSL Ext stuff to Struts 1.1b2, and it mostly works,
except for the SecureLinkTag.

I have a .jsp that is not required to be secure. The typical user, however,
will get to this page as a result of logging in (an HTTP post), and so the
page will be "secure".

I have several links on this page, none of which need to be secure (that is,
I'd like for them to be "http://..." links). Using the SecureLinkTag, I get
this for links that reference an action, but for links that reference
another .jsp or .html page, it uses the same scheme as the referring page.

How can I tell ssl-ext that a page or forward is not secure? Is this even
possible? If not, a poor workaround would be to add a "secure" property to
the tag...

TIA

--
Rick