Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> on 2005/10/23 02:02:34 UTC

Converting WTP projects to maven 2

Hi,
I'm trying to pass from a project that was built on the eclipse WTP
(it's 0.7.1 now) plugin to a maven2 build system. It's comprised of two
modules (Web and EJB) with no XDoclet stuff and a EAR project.
Can someone give me an example or a short how-to to describe how can it
be done (even in great lines).
I have no maven experience (nether m1 nor m2).
Thanks in advance

Srepfler Srgjan

Re: Converting WTP projects to maven 2

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
hello :)

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-743

that jira issue contains a sample project that ought to at least get your
foot in the door for understanding how things work in maven2.

it will build out all the artifact, albeit empty, but you should have any
problems moving on from that starting point

let me know if you run into any problems!

jesse

On 10/22/05, Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to pass from a project that was built on the eclipse WTP
> (it's 0.7.1 now) plugin to a maven2 build system. It's comprised of two
> modules (Web and EJB) with no XDoclet stuff and a EAR project.
> Can someone give me an example or a short how-to to describe how can it
> be done (even in great lines).
> I have no maven experience (nether m1 nor m2).
> Thanks in advance
>
> Srepfler Srgjan

jesse mcconnell