Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jurgen Lust <Ju...@UGent.be> on 2005/12/20 15:58:40 UTC

Re: [m2] release plugin problems - solved

OK, I finally succeeded in making the release plugin work with SVN:

1. beta-3 does not work, you need beta-4-SNAPSHOT, otherwise you get the
error

Cannot copy path '.' into its own child '../tags/0.3'

2. Using svn and ssh from cygwin does not work, you get errors about the path of the basedir

3. Install the windows command line subversion 1.2.3, and add the bin directory to your path

4. Install Putty

5. edit %APPDATA%/Subversion/config and add the following in the [tunnels] section:
ssh="c:/program files/putty/plink.exe" -T

6. You should use Pageant to keep your ssh private key in memory.

After all this, The release:prepare goal finally completed successfully.

Kind regards,

Jurgen

Among flowers, the cherry blossom.
Among men, me.