Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by GopuTS <go...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/26 01:37:37 UTC

Cocoon Usage and Code Samples

Hi,
I am new to Cocoon and wanted to evaluate it in the following perspective
for some of my projects

	Dynamic excel generation based on xml (if not cocoon, is there any better
open source framework for this)
	Dynamic UI content generation
	Can it take xml data input as web services?

There are only a few samples there in the site. If any of you can share more
samples / additional details it is really appreciable.

Thanks,
Gopu

Re: Cocoon Usage and Code Samples

Posted by GopuTS <go...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Huib Verweij,
Thank you veru much for your details and it gives me more confidence in
evaluating Cocoon. I will try out the options you suggested.

Posted by Huib Verwey <Hu...@mpi.nl>.
Hi Gopu,

I've generated Excel sheets using the HSSF serializer (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xls-serializer.html), works great. Just transform your data to the Gnumeric XML format and use <map:serialize type="xls"/> at the end of your pipeline to have Cocoon serialize your Gnumeric XML to a MS Excel sheet.

Regarding your second question: it's what Cocoon is about, generating content dynamically. Every URL you can think of can be handled dynamically or mapped to a file.

I cant really parse your second question. If you want to use XML from web services as input to Cocoon, sure, you can do that easily. Just use <map:generate src="http://your.webservice.com/blabla"/> or use the Cinclude transformer to load XML from a URL you constructed from other input.

Hartelijke groet,

Huib Verweij.

--
Drs. Huib Verweij
Senior software developer - The Language Archive

Op 26 aug 2011, om 01:37 heeft GopuTS het volgende geschreven: