Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Zhang, Larry (L.)" <lz...@ford.com> on 2007/10/18 20:00:40 UTC

Jstl and struts

This might be an old topic, but should we completely rule out using
struts tag and move to jstl tag? If not, does struts have a tag that
will do anything if the filed is equal (1 or 2 or 3 or 4)? Thanks.

Re: Jstl and struts

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Zhang, Larry (L.) wrote:
> This might be an old topic, but should we completely rule out using
> struts tag and move to jstl tag?

JSTL is preferred over Struts1's tags where there is overlap (mostly for
the logic: taglib). For Struts 1 and 2, though, there is lots of
functinoality in the taglibs that JSTL *doesn't* provide, so you can't
rule out using Struts tags altogether in either environment.

 > If not, does struts have a tag that
> will do anything if the filed is equal (1 or 2 or 3 or 4)? Thanks.

Which version of Struts? For Struts 1 you can use logic:equal, though
this is one of those tags for which JSTL is preferred. For Struts 2, you
want the s:if tag.

L.