Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/11/24 00:57:12 UTC

Build oddity

Folks,

I am currently getting a OOM when I build trunk on my Mac (1.6.0_07) but it
works on Windows (1.5.0_16 & 1.6.0_10).

It may be related to one of my recent check-ins but I am not sure. I'm
looking into it.

Mark

Re: Build oddity [SOLVED]

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am currently getting a OOM when I build trunk on my Mac (1.6.0_07) but it
> works on Windows (1.5.0_16 & 1.6.0_10).
>
> It may be related to one of my recent check-ins but I am not sure. I'm
> looking into it.

My Mac uses a 64-bit JVM by default. The default heap size (64M by the look
of things) was no longer enough for a clean build. My windows box uses a
32-bit JVM where the defaults are still sufficient.

Mark