Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2015/07/12 14:00:26 UTC

tie CPVM to a single external IP address

Hello,

could someone please point me in the right direction to always have a single public IP address for the CPVM. At the moment, every time the CPVM is created it uses a random public IP address from a pool of free IPs. This causes a lot of issues for the SSL certificates. I do not see a justification of spending at least half a grand on a wildcard certificate if one can spend around 20 GBP instead on a single SSL cert.

Is there a way to have a single fixed IP for CPVM?

Cheers

Andrei

Re: tie CPVM to a single external IP address

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
Andrija, in my case it uses different IP address pretty much every time CPVM is recreated. The previous IP address is not taken during the cpvm creation and I do not have any changes in IP allocations.

Andrei
Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: tie CPVM to a single external IP address

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.