Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Nikita Ahuja <ni...@smartshore.nl> on 2018/01/25 06:49:47 UTC

Problem in fetching the access tokens from Active Directory in Elastic Search index for FileSystem Connector

Hello,

I am using ManifoldCF 2.8.1 and trying to access the files from FileShare
configured with the Active Directory and get the data in elastic search

 For this steps followed are:

   - An Authority Group is created under which Authority Connection and
   Repository connection are created.

[image: Inline image 3]

   - And the elastic search is created as an Output Connector and a job is
   created for the connection in which a transformation and metadata connector
   is also linked in the
   - Which is giving all the output except the access token values.
   - [image: Inline image 1]

Please guide to take appropriate steps for it so that I can get the access
tokens in the elastic search index. Hoping for the solution asap.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikita

Fwd: Problem in fetching the access tokens from Active Directory in Elastic Search index for FileSystem Connector

Re: Problem in fetching the access tokens from Active Directory in Elastic Search index for FileSystem Connector

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I just noticed something -- useActiveDirectory is set to "true".  That
means that for every user ACL ManifoldCF finds, it will try to convert it
to a SID.  It's supposed to fail hard if it can't do that but that code is
possibly not correct.  I suspect this is why you are getting no tokens
back.

Is there any reason you can't run things in full claims-based mode?  That
is, configure your repository connector for "claims based" and then use
both the SharepointADAuthority and the SharepointNativeAuthority in the
same authority group, which is how you are supposed to set things up with
claims-based auth?

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikita Ahuja <ni...@smartshore.nl>.
Hi Karl,

[...]

UserLogin="i:0#.w|smartshore\manjinder"/></ns1:Permissions></ns1:GetPermissionCollection>

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikita Ahuja <ni...@smartshore.nl>.
Hi Karl,

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.