Posted to general@db.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/24 05:44:14 UTC

Fwd: Protected Branches for db-site.git has been updated

So how do we get Protected Branches messages to go to notifications@

And why do we get these messages anyway???

Craig

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: GitBox <gi...@apache.org>
> Subject: Protected Branches for db-site.git has been updated
> Date: January 23, 2022 at 9:13:17 AM PST
> To: private@db.apache.org
>

> The following changes were applied to db-site by mbo.
>
> GitHub Protected Branches has been enabled on branch=main
>
> With regards,
> ASF Infra.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Fwd: Protected Branches for db-site.git has been updated

Posted by Tilmann <ti...@gmx.de>.
Hi Gavin,

thanks for the hint.
We appear to get those for *every* commit, and most commits do not touch
the .asf.yaml files.

However, I now assume this happens because the repository is not
"active" yet, i.e. the .asf.yaml file references a branch that does not
exist. This probably confuses the .asf.yaml processor and it emits those
messages for every commit.

I think the repository is close to being mature enough for being
"activated", let's hope the messages stop occurring then.

Thanks,
Til

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tilmann Zäschke <za...@gmx.de>.