Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/01/06 20:08:22 UTC

Nice to see your scimpi commit...

... and as an fyi, I've been reworking the examples/quickstart app (that we
reverse-engineer into the archetype) so that the html and json viewer
modules are now integrated as a single "webapp" module.

Do a build, and then cd into webapp/target; you'll see that there's an
executable war (...-jetty-console.war) which you can run using java -jar ...

If you're thinking of adding scimpi in for the 0.2.0 release, it'd be good
to have it added into this webapp's web.xml, rather than be standalone.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Dan

Re: Nice to see your scimpi commit...

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 17 January 2012 15:30, Richardson, Jason - FSA, Kansas City, MO <
jason.richardson@kcc.usda.gov> wrote:

> I'm glad you aren't removing the SCIMPI viewer, I really like the look and
> feel of it.

Rob will be pleased to hear that!

It wasn't the intention to remove scimpi, just to make sure that the
delineate a little more clearly between the stuff that we think is pretty
much "done" and stuff that is still in progress or want to de-emphasise.
 For example, my wicket viewer is not really complete, and the dnd viewer
is not as important as it once was, so these are in the second category.
 But Rob's been doing a lot of work offline with scimpi, so it's probably
going to return to the first category.

> PS.  When will the 0.2.0 release archetype be published?

I'll update the 0.2.0 archetype to use scimpi this weekend, if I can.
 You'll then be able to use it by specifying repository=local (or something
like that, I'll double check).

The archetype will be formally published when we release 0.2.0, which I'm
hoping will be this month.

> I did a local build of the code base, but actually getting my POC project
> to use it was out of my tech range.  It's amazing that as I move more into
> management how my build process skills have deteriorated.

You'll need to update the isis version to be 0.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT, and
it should pick up stuff the stuff you compiled from your local repo.

Dan

Posted by "Richardson, Jason - FSA, Kansas City, MO" <ja...@kcc.usda.gov>.
I'm glad you aren't removing the SCIMPI viewer, I really like the look and feel of it.

PS.  When will the 0.2.0 release archetype be published?   I did a local build of the code base, but actually getting my POC project to use it was out of my tech range.  It's amazing that as I move more into management how my build process skills have deteriorated.