Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Denis Weerasiri <dd...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/16 14:50:54 UTC

Integrating Oryx editor's BPEL to BPMN feature to ODE.

Hi all,
I'm involved in [GSOC]Web based BPEL debugger for Apache ODE project. And I
need some clarifications fegarding some issues.

Here I use Oryx editor (http://code.google.com/p/oryx-editor/)to generate
the graphical BPMN diagram from the BPEL so that user can easily set the
breakpoints and monitor the debugging process easily.
Upto now Oryx editor is running as a separate WAR distribution in Tomcat. As
well it uses a separate database to store the process models. How can I
integrate Oryx into ODE such that without using seperate Oryx WAR
distribution?

Cheers,
Denis.

Re: Integrating Oryx editor's BPEL to BPMN feature to ODE.

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
When considering the usage scenarios of BPEL debugger I think that
generating BPMN diagram on the fly is ok for now. I think in the GSOC
context it's ok to deploy Oryx as a separate web app with separate DB and
use functionality provided by Oryx using some kind of integration layer. So
that we don't need to change anything in ODE process store. Also there may
be some additional work to be done in Oryx space for this project. Therefore
I think it's best to focus on comming up with a working version of BPEL
debugger. After that we can improve the design.
Denis it's better if you can provide us with a simple design for this. That
will help us to understand what you are giong to do and others will able
help you if there are any problems in your design.

Thanks
Milinda

http://mpathirage.com
http://wso2.org "Oxygen for Web Service Developers"
http://wsaxc.blogspot.com "Web Services With Axis2/C"

Re: Integrating Oryx editor's BPEL to BPMN feature to ODE.

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de