Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/08/10 17:22:40 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] RTC code commit policy passes.

We've voted on the following policy for code commits.
----
Code commits for all patches require:

Lazy consensus of active committers but with a minimum +1 vote or 3 days
passing with no comment. The code can be committed after the first +1 or
after 3 days pass with no comment.

If the code changes that represent a merge from a branch requires three +1s.
----
As a point of clarification, a committer providing a patch may not +1 their
own patch.

Result:

The amended proposal has been open for vote for 5 days with the following
votes:
3 +1  jmhsieh, aprabakar, tomwhite
1 +0 esammer
1 -1 rgoers

The proposal passes.  For now, let's go RTC with 3 day timeout.  If this
process becomes too arduous, we can always propose a change and vote for a
change.

Thanks,
Jon.

--