Posted to general@xml.apache.org by gnix infosoft noida <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/28 14:03:40 UTC

XML parse DOM Connection time out

I created a document factory object and tried to parse an existing XML
file....

Here is my code

File xmlFile = new File("C:/jboss-config.xml");
DocumentBuilderFactory docFactory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
DocumentBuilder docBuilder = docFactory.newDocumentBuilder();
Document doc = docBuilder.parse(xmlFile);
int elementType = doc.getNodeType();
switch(elementType)
{
case Node.ELEMENT_NODE:
{
String nodeElement = doc.getNodeName() ;
if(nodeElement.equals("policy"))
{
Element policyElement = doc.createElement("policy_new");
doc.appendChild(policyElement);
break;
}
}
}

When I run the code I get the following error......

java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultReaderFactory.createReader(DefaultReaderFactory.java:149)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExternalEntity(DefaultEntityHandler.java:786)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExternalSubset(DefaultEntityHandler.java:583)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDTDScanner.java:1161)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDocumentScanner.java:2189)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.access$0(XMLDocumentScanner.java:2143)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$PrologDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:856)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:399)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1147)
at
weblogic.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:203)
at
weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryDocumentBuilder.parse(RegistryDocumentBuilder.java:144)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:161)

Please help

Re: XML parse DOM Connection time out

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Looks like it is trying to obtain the declared DTD of the XML document and
can't access it.  You should set up an XML catalog resolver to allow for

See:
http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/
http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#N1010F

Jake