Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by jaynvt <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/11 01:58:28 UTC

SMTP AuthRequired

I have <authRequired>true</authRequired> , but noticed when using a
trace, that when trying to send via blat through my james server, there
is no AUTH requested.  The log in part is:

<<<getline<<< 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
<<<getline<<< 250 AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
 >>>putline>>> MAIL FROM: <bl...@nowhere.com>
<<<getline<<< 250 Sender <bl...@nowhere.com> OK

I would have expected james to request a valide auth login and password..

Have I missed something?

tks Jay

RE: SMTP AuthRequired

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
What about <authorizedAddresses> in the SMTP server config?

	--- Noel

Re: SMTP AuthRequired

Posted by Jay <ja...@gmail.com>.
No, I do have several local machines - I was sending from one that is
not running James. I just checked the James config file and I have
mailet match RemoteAddressNotInNetwork commented out - but it doesn't
have a valid IP address in it anyway..
VerifyIdentity is commented out.. maybe I should uncomment that?
Tks
Jay

RE: SMTP AuthRequired

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Re: SMTP AuthRequired

Posted by Jay <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.. that makes sense! I should have thought more about it..
I was sending to a valid local address.. when I changed to a nonlocal
address:
<<<getline<<< 250 Sender <me...@localhost> OK
 >>>putline>>> RCPT TO: <ja...@th.com>
<<<getline<<< 530 Authentication Required
The SMTP server does not like the name jabber@th.com.
Have you set the 'To:' field correctly, or do you need authorization
The SMTP server response was -> 530 Authentication Required
 >>>putline>>> QUIT
<<<getline<<< 221 Closing connection. Good bye.

thanks again all  -- Jay

Re: SMTP AuthRequired

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.