Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Niral Trivedi <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 04:28:21 UTC

redirect-action and redirect

Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue. I am using Struts 2.0.11 on Websphere 6.1 with
JDK 1.5.

Thing is, I am using result type "redirect-action" and "redirect" to
redirect to a different action for certain scenarios in my action class.
This works fine from my local workstation. But when we deploy our app in the
test environment, it still works, but the url that we see after redirection
is of the app server url and not the web server url.

For example, I invoked action as
http://www.somedomain.com/appContext/some.action
at this point, some.action will be invoked and I do some processing inside
my execute method and I return result which is of type "redirect-action" and
the action name is redirectFile.action

So, after redirection, I expect to see the url as
http://www.somedomain.com/appContext/redirectFile.action but instead, I see
as http://www.appServer.com/appContext/redirectFile.action

I mean, the flow works without any issues but why does the url changing? We
do have a webserver running on app server box but this never happend with
Struts 1.x. So, what is Struts2 redirect-action result type doing special
that is causing this?  And any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.