Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Matheus Leite <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/07 01:41:44 UTC

Looking for a LDAP + SVN tutorial

Hello, I am trying to integrate my working SVN repository with LDAP to
authenticate users, and I am looking for some good how to's or
tutorials. I looked at the SVN book but couldn't find anything (maybe
I missed?). Can anyone help?

One question I do have right now is: will I still need an
authorization file to limit access to the repository, or LDAP can
handle this as well?

Thanks in advance,

Matheus

Re: Looking for a LDAP + SVN tutorial

Posted by Stephane Bortzmeyer <bo...@nic.fr>.
On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:41:44PM -0300,
 Matheus Leite <ma...@gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> Hello, I am trying to integrate my working SVN repository with LDAP
> to authenticate users,

I do it.

> and I am looking for some good how to's or tutorials.

I use Apache to mediate all accesses to the repository. Apache is
configured that way (inside a VirtualHost which is dedicated for
Subversion):

 <Location />
  DAV svn
  SVNPath /home/Subversion-Repository
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "My beautiful subversion repository"
  AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap.example.org/ou=People,dc=example,dc=org?uid?sub?(objectClass=*)
  require valid-user
  </Location>

It works fine but I believe this setup does not allow for fine-grained
permissions like the authorization file do. It is on my TODO :-)

RE: Looking for a LDAP + SVN tutorial

Posted by S P Vijay <pr...@ness-gsg.com>.
Hi..
Try this..
http://tortoisesvn.berlios.de/?q=node/139

And yeah you will still need the authorization file to handle the access
rights to the reposiroty...
LDAP integration will just save the effort of creating/deleting users.

Cheers
VJ