Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeff Rodenburg <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/10 00:27:40 UTC

SolrSharp - a C# client API for Solr

All -

I'm proud to announce a release to a new client API for Solr -- SolrSharp.
SolrSharp is a C# library that abstracts the interoperation of a solr search
server.  This is an initial release that covers the basics of working with
Solr.  The library is very fleshed out, but the example has only implemented
simple keyword search.  I really like the library (I'm a dogfood user, for
sure) because I can strongly type different types of objects to search
results.

There's more forthcoming, i.e. more examples, but the basics are in place.
Feedback always appreciated, suggestions for improvement are nice, and
helping hands are the best.

Until there's a better home for it, you can download the bits from JIRA at:

cheers,
jeff r.

Re: SolrSharp - a C# client API for Solr

Posted by Jeff Rodenburg <je...@gmail.com>.
It will be extremely helpful to get this in the hands of others.  Like most
packages, this was built out of need.  As we get more eyes on it, I hope to
see it improve at the same rate as change in Solr.

I promised a few other additions to this set.  Here's what I'm working on:

- More content within the documentation about how to use the api.  It's
strongly object-oriented and usage requires you to put together your own set
of classes that inherit from abstract classes in the library.  The example
code does it, but it's not clear how or why you do it, so some guidance is
needed.  I should probably add a wiki entry on the Solr site as well.
- Nunit tests need to be added.  These always get complex when involving
distributed systems, but such is life.

-- jeff

Posted by JimS <sh...@gmail.com>.