Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> on 2013/04/29 07:23:01 UTC

Windows 8 Metro Internet Explorer and Adobe Flash

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/150560-microsoft-flips-flash-whitelist-policy-after-windows-8-fails-to-drive-html5-adoption

Microsoft flips Flash whitelist policy after Windows 8 fails to drive HTML5 adoption

“When Microsoft launched Windows 8 <http://www.extremetech.com/tag/windows-8> , it announced that the operating system would limit the use of Adobe Flash, depending on OS version and browser choice. Originally, x86 devices that used the desktop version of IE10 could run Flash with problems, but the Metro version of that browser would only run it if the website in question was on Microsoft’s whitelist”

On the off chance that anyone cares (about Windows 8), and did not already know, I tested our server’s OpenMeetings in Windows 8’s Metro Internet Explorer after reading the above article and discovered that it works quite well, even on a touch screen device.  My previous tests were blocked by Microsoft’s white list, and so I had given up on the Metro Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Re: Windows 8 Metro Internet Explorer and Adobe Flash

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello George,
Thanks for sharing this :)

--