Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ran Li <Ra...@rci.rogers.com> on 2007/05/10 02:13:12 UTC

multiple Tomcat on one host with multiple IPs using the same port

Hello list,

I need to setup 4 Tomcat on one host, this host has multiple IPs, is it
possible to set them up with multiple IPs using the same listening port
8080? If it is possible could you let me know how? I tried configure
different "Host name" in server.xml seems does not work in this way.
Thanks.

Regards,

Ran

Re: multiple Tomcat on one host with multiple IPs using the same port

Posted by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com>.
The shutdown listener binds hardcoded on "127.0.0.1". Make sure they're
on a different port for each tomcat instance.

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ran Li <Ra...@rci.rogers.com>.
Hi Chuck and list,

The problem I have now is once I started the first Tomcat I could not
start any of others if I use the same port 80xx, the log complains about
the port has already been used.

On one host I have 4 different IPs
10.2.2.1
10.2.2.2
10.2.2.3
10.2.2.4

Please let me know if it's possible to setup 4 tomcat like below with 4
tomcat java processes

10.2.2.1.8080             *.*                0      0 49152      0
LISTEN
10.2.2.2.8080             *.*                0      0 49152      0
LISTEN
10.2.2.3.8080             *.*                0      0 49152      0
LISTEN
10.2.2.4.8080             *.*                0      0 49152      0
LISTEN

Thanks for any comments.

Regards,

Ran