Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nick Haines <NH...@staffware.com> on 2004/08/23 18:38:52 UTC

Proxy problems

Hi all,

I'm attempting to use Axis 1.2 Beta to make a web service call from an EJB inside WebSphere 5.1.  For added confusion I'm also using some JWSDP1.4 libraries (I've tried with 1.3 and had the same result) to do some of the other WebService related tasks.

It all works perfectly normally, however, if I specify an http proxy (statically by adding -Dhttp.proxyHost and -Dhttp.proxyPort to my virtual machine custom params) it all goes horribly wrong.  The problem seems to be that Axis is submitting an invalid request to the Proxy - basically it is missing out the host from the URL - so within my proxy I see something like:

POST /myservice/GetMe.Jsp

The proxy returns invalid header to Axis from this request.

Has anyone else seen a problem like this at all, or have any ideas what might be causing the problem?  Alternatively does anyone have any experience of integrating Axis with JWSDP1.3 or 1.4 and know of any problems with library compatibility?

Thank you in advance for your help

Nick