Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2010/11/05 07:17:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.3.2 (candidate 0)

I've created a candidate build for ZooKeeper 3.3.2. This is a bug fix
release addressing twenty-six issues (eight critical) -- see the
release notes for details.

*** Please download, test and VOTE before the
*** vote closes 11pm pacific time, Tuesday, November 9.***

http://people.apache.org/~phunt/zookeeper-3.3.2-candidate-0/

Should we release this?

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Just a reminder for those of you new to the community. Anyone can test
the release candidate and vote or provide feedback. We'd appreciate
you finding any issues that need to be found _now_ rather than after
the RC is released officially. It takes 3 or more +1 votes from PMC
members (and a min time of 72 biz hrs) for the release to be accepted
as the official 3.3.2 Apache ZooKeeper release.

Thanks,

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
With 6 +1's (3 PMC) and no -1's the vote passes. I'm working to
publish the release and will send announcements as soon as that's
done.

Patrick

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1, unit tests pass. Also ran a few manual tests. I must say that in
one of the computers I tried, AsyncHammerTest fails, and the error
message I get is that there are no tests. Discussing with Pat, we
ended up concluding that it is most likely a configuration problem. I
don't think that's a reason to -1 it, though.

-Flavio

On Nov 11, 2010, at 12:24 AM, Henry Robinson wrote:

> +1
>
> Python looks good.
>
> On 10 November 2010 14:51, Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@yahoo-inc.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1.
>>
>> I ran my benchmark test on the release candidate for one hour, and
>> got
>> similar numbers as 3.3.0.
>>
>> --Michi
>>
>> On 11/10/10 11:09 AM, "Mahadev Konar" <ma...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for the release.
>>>
>>> Ran ant test and a couple of smoke tests. Create znodes and shutdown
>>> zookeeper servers to test durability. Deleted znodes to make sure
>>> they
>> are
>>> deleted. Shot down servers one at a time to confirm correct
>>> behavior.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> mahadev

> --
> Henry Robinson
> Software Engineer
> Cloudera
> 415-994-6679

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Henry Robinson