Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nguyen Anh Tu <ng...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/31 11:02:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Disaster Recovery solution for CloudStack

Hi forks,

I'm looking for a Disaster Recovery solution on CS. Looking around I found
an article showing some great informations but not enought. Personally I
think:

+ Host: CS already implemented migration, which can move VMs to another
pearful host
+ Database: we have replication
+ Management Server: we can use multi MS
+ Primary Storage: it's the important component when Disaster Recovery
happen. It contains ROOT and DATA volumes and nobody happy if they're lost.
We need mirror (or replicate) solution here. Many distribute file system
can help (GlusterFS, Ceph, Hadoop..). An interesting solution I found on
XenServer is Portable SR, which make the SR become fully self-contained. We
can detach it and re-attach to a new host. Nothing lost.
+ Secondary Storage: Easy to backup.

How do you think? Did you have a plan to do Disaster Recovery?

N.g.U.y.e.N.A.n.H.t.U

Re: [DISCUSS] Disaster Recovery solution for CloudStack

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tu <ng...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Any idea?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.