Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/05 10:21:48 UTC

[VOTE] Sieze official support for JBI based ODE distribution

Hi Devs,

There has been no traction in ODE User/Dev community on JBI over the past
years. JBI support in Apache Servicemix has been deprecated since version
4.

As per the initial discussion during the VOTE for ODE release 1.3.7 in here
[https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/540edbecb10ff762772dfa05e0e594
81a6454edb25760a1c32f546d9@%3Cdev.ode.apache.org%3E]
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/540edbecb10ff762772dfa05e0e59481a6454edb25760a1c32f546d9@%3Cdev.ode.apache.org%3E>

The proposal is to seize official support of JBI based distribution of ODE
from release version 1.3.7. This would mean no more downloadable artifacts
available on ODE website. No more publishing of the artifacts to the svn
dist. We will stop all development on JBI.

Though we will publish the individual JBI project jars to the maven central
during the release of ODE 1.3.7. This will also be stopped from ODE's next
release.

Here is my +1

Kindly cast your votes.

regards,
sathwik

Re: [VOTE] Sieze official support for JBI based ODE distribution

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Cease official support for JBI based ODE distribution

Posted by Sathwik <sa...@apache.org>.
Hi,
The resolution passes with
[4] +1 binding votes and no other votes.

regards,
sathwik

Re: [VOTE] Cease official support for JBI based ODE distribution

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
+1