Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com> on 2013/06/28 17:22:42 UTC

possible webconsole bug

Hello all,

I'm testing the latest web console release (4.2.0) in a custom HttpService
and it works very well, except for one small issue which I'm not sure is a
bug in our impl, or in the web console.

All features of the web console work, with one exception (at least so far
as I've noticed).

When selecting the

Status -> System Properties

menu item, we get an error which stems from the fact that the URI returned
by the servlet request is:

/.../system/console/status-System%20Properties

Now the call is simply:

String requestURI = request.getRequestURI();

in which  the servlet spec clearly states the value is NOT decoded [1]

Subsequently the PluginHolder object tries to search it's list of plugins
for:

"status-System%20Properties"

which fails to match of course.

So, who is to blame? Our HttpService? Or webconsole?

I don't really care either way, I just don't want to file a ticket if the
bug is really ours.

Sincerely,
 (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect