Posted to user@storm.apache.org by alexey yakubovich <al...@yahoo.com> on 2015/04/16 18:08:18 UTC

extract storm example from 0.9.4

Hi, my first time, with Storm mailing list. Good to meet you guys.
How to extract the example projects from latest storm distribution (0.9.4) and have each example as a separate maven project (in eclipse)?Or, may be somebody can point me some example of storm/kafka that already have all dependencies resolved and I can just reuse the pom.xml.
I am trying to build streaming data channel with kafka and storm. The special think about it: i try to make it metadata-aware with collection of data transformers and loaders (into any of supported data stores). I see it as a storm spout that fetch msgs from kafka and do necessary ETL, and bolt that loads then into … whatever. Because of transformation and loading I need to extend provided example. And it would be more convenient to have it in a separate project (besides I don’t  know how to run example right from main storm project.).
Thank you for any help.