Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Scott Matheson <sc...@matheson.it> on 2015/03/02 16:41:22 UTC

Flash to Air

Hi
    I have just completed my first Flash / Web app and all is running well,
I need to now build an AIR version of the same app, is there an recommend
approach/efficient , do I simply have 2 version of the app, or do I just
need a new AIR project and some how reference the code for the Flex projects

I was looking at SRL but I cannot get my head round these, or do I just
compile the full app as  a module  and build 2 starts, one for WEB ons for
AIR and have both MAIN¹s load the same module

I know for mobile you need to change some of the MXML code, with Air I
assume all the code is the same

Scott

Re: Flash to Air

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

On 3/3/2015 2:15 AM, Scott Matheson wrote:
> Jeffrey. When you a at library project is this a standard project? Or some sort of special  definition

  A library project is a special type of Flash Builder project that
creates a SWC instead of a SWF.  The SWC can then be easily shared
between multiple projects.

  I assume IntelliJ has the same type of projects.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

Re: Flash to Air

Posted by Scott Matheson <sm...@intralinks.com>.
Jeffrey. When you a at library project is this a standard project? Or some sort of special  definition

Sent from my iPad

> On 2 Mar 2015, at 23:43, Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com> wrote:
>

> Under the assumption that there will be differences between an AIR app and the web version; I like to put as much as possible in a library project.  Then I can override / tweak files as needed.
>
> If all else is the same; the you can just have two different application files; one for the Flex app (Application) and one for the AIR App (WindowedApplication, I Think) that instantiate your main view.
>
>> On 3/2/2015 10:57 AM, Subs wrote:
>> You should be able to publish as an AIR app without making any changes to your code.
>>
>> There are a few ways to handle publishing to multiple targets; its a matter of personal preference (and which IDE you are using).
>>
>> Easiest way (assuming you are using FB) is probably to create a new project for AIR version - and in project properties->flex build path->source path, add folder to point to src folder of your web project. Then you only need to maintain one set of code.
>>

>>> On 02/03/2015 15:41, Scott Matheson wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>     I have just completed my first Flash / Web app and all is running well,
>>> I need to now build an AIR version of the same app, is there an recommend
>>> approach/efficient , do I simply have 2 version of the app, or do I just
>>> need a new AIR project and some how reference the code for the Flex projects
>>>
>>> I was looking at SRL but I cannot get my head round these, or do I just
>>> compile the full app as  a module  and build 2 starts, one for WEB ons for
>>> AIR and have both MAIN¹s load the same module
>>>
>>> I know for mobile you need to change some of the MXML code, with Air I
>>> assume all the code is the same
>>>
>>> Scott
>

> --
> Jeffry Houser
> Technical Entrepreneur
> http://www.jeffryhouser.com
> 203-379-0773

________________________________

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments. Thank you.

Re: Flash to Air

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

--
Jeffry Houser