Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Harsha JSN <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/13 15:52:46 UTC

Adding custom filter plugin to solr cloud

Hi,
  I had set up solr cloud with some set of nodes. I am trying to add an
external library which has custom query parser logic. I have done this by
copying the custom jar file to lib folder in each node.
May i know if this is the correct way to do or is there a standard way to
add custom libraries in solr cloud.

Thanks
Harsha.

Re: Adding custom filter plugin to solr cloud

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Copying files "to the right place" certainly is one way. It does
suffer from bookkeeping
issues, i.e. when you make changes you have to get the new jar files
all pushed out
to the right place on all the nodes.

Another possibility is:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Adding+Custom+Plugins+in+SolrCloud+Mode
more docs here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Blob+Store+API

I haven't tried these personally, but as you can see the intent is to
deal with just
this case.

Best,
Erick