Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Michelle Tamakloe <me...@hotmail.com> on 2010/01/17 18:58:33 UTC

DERBY INSTALLATION

Hiive downloaded derby but cant seem to get eclipse to recognize it. Ive done the whole double click on a project and select apache...but its never on the drop down menu. ive downloaded derby opened the bin file to unzip it, but not sure what to do next! PLAESE HELP...I desperately need it for my project which was  assigned 3 weeks ago and is due in o thursday but havent started coz ive spent so much time trying to sort out this situation.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/

Re: DERBY INSTALLATION

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> ive downloaded derby but cant seem to get eclipse to recognize it.

The Derby plugins for Eclipse are in a separate download, they are
not part of the basic Derby download.

http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.5.3.0.cgi#Distributions
and look at the end of that section, where the links for downloading
the Derby plugins for Eclipse are described.

Then go to:
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/plugin_howto.html#Installing+the+plug-ins
to find documentation about how to install the plugins -- you basically
just unzip them into your Eclipse "plugins" directory and then start
Eclipse up and it will find them.

thanks,

bryan