Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Maurice Lucas <ms...@taos-it.nl> on 2004/10/04 09:32:42 UTC

[SA3.0] spamc sometimes hangs

Hello,

I use spamd and spamc with SA3.0 in a sitewide configuration.

A few percentage of all my connections keeps the spamc call in memory.
After a 500 connections I have 23 times "/usr/local/bin/spamc -c -u spamd"
in my ps list.

Does somebody else sees this?
I'm still debuging the why of this.

With kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maurice Lucas
TAOS-IT

Re: [SA3.0] spamc sometimes hangs

Posted by Maurice Lucas <ms...@taos-it.nl>.
For the archives,

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 09:32, Maurice Lucas wrote:
> I use spamd and spamc with SA3.0 in a sitewide configuration.
>
> A few percentage of all my connections keeps the spamc call in memory.
> After a 500 connections I have 23 times "/usr/local/bin/spamc -c -u spamd"
> in my ps list.
>
> Does somebody else sees this?
> I'm still debuging the why of this.

Problem solved:
My mail was injected into spamc and than delivered and deleted, but the
delete came sometimes to early.
So spamc was still looking for input which never came because the
delete.

how to find:
lsof |grep <PID spamc>
Gives the error on scanning message but message deleted

Sollution:
introduced a sleep 1s after calling spamc and before delivering to
qmail-queue

--
M. Lucas
TAOS-IT

> I use spamd and spamc with SA3.0 in a sitewide configuration.
>
> A few percentage of all my connections keeps the spamc call in memory.
> After a 500 connections I have 23 times "/usr/local/bin/spamc -c -u spamd"
> in my ps list.
>
> Does somebody else sees this?

> I'm still debuging the why of this.
The problem seems to be that spamc is still looking for input
strace -p PID gives only recv(1,

The mailmessage is scand and delivered so the mailproces is correct (also
the SA headers are included in the mail) but no end-of-file for the pipe is
send.

With kind regards,
Maurice Lucas