Posted to repository@apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> on 2008/04/02 19:19:35 UTC

incubator artifacts sync'ed to central ?

Hi,

It doesn't seem that [1] is synced to repo1, is there a particular
reason for this ? I'm guessing it's related to the legalese around those
project's incubator status, is that correct ?

Thanks!
Jorg

[1]
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/

Re: incubator artifacts sync'ed to central ?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
>> It doesn't seem that [1] is synced to repo1, is there a particular reason
>> for this ? I'm guessing it's related to the legalese around those project's
>> incubator status, is that correct ?
>
> Yes. There's been a few debates about that on general@incubator, but
> so far the working consensus is not to push incubating releases in the
> central Maven repository. You'll have my +1 if you want to restart
> that debate on general@incubator.

OK thanks Jukka.

Reason i was asking is that my company is thinking about rsync'ing repo1
and a few other repos for internal use. Incubating artifacts not being
on central means yet another rsync to setup and coordinate.

I'll ask on infra@ what the policy is on sync'ing from people.a.o then..

Regards,
Jorg

Re: incubator artifacts sync'ed to central ?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
> It doesn't seem that [1] is synced to repo1, is there a particular reason
> for this ? I'm guessing it's related to the legalese around those project's
> incubator status, is that correct ?

Yes. There's been a few debates about that on general@incubator, but
so far the working consensus is not to push incubating releases in the
central Maven repository. You'll have my +1 if you want to restart
that debate on general@incubator.

BR,

Jukka Zitting