Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brock Noland <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/25 01:09:35 UTC

Cannot find ArtifactResolver with hint: project-cache-aware...NoSuchElementException

Greetings,

Please excuse my ignorance surely on display in my email below. I am
fairly new to maven.

I am getting the error below:

[DEBUG] Cannot find ArtifactResolver with hint: project-cache-aware
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
java.util.NoSuchElementException
      role: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolver
  roleHint: project-cache-aware
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:247)

Full text here: https://gist.github.com/1310602
also found in another GH Gist: https://gist.github.com/1248441

when executing the following commands (maven 3.0.3):

mvn assembly:assembly
mvn assembly:single

The pom.xml and descriptor are below:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mrunit/branches/mrunit-0.5.0/pom.xml
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mrunit/branches/mrunit-0.5.0/src/main/assembly/dist.xml

Any ideas on how what I am doing wrong?  I found this error a few
places but the discussion was above my head. The goal of this work is
build an artifact for an Apache Incubator project.

Thank you for your time.

Brock

Re: Cannot find ArtifactResolver with hint: project-cache-aware...NoSuchElementException

Posted by yarbshk <yu...@mail.com>.
Thank you @Brock Noland your answer helped me a lot!

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

Re: Cannot find ArtifactResolver with hint: project-cache-aware...NoSuchElementException

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@gmail.com>.
I found my issue. User error.

         <version>2.2.1</version>
+        <configuration>
+          <descriptors>
+            <descriptor>src/main/assembly/dist.xml</descriptor>
+          </descriptors>
+        </configuration>
         <executions>
           <execution>
-            <configuration>
-              <descriptors>
-                <descriptor>src/main/assembly/dist.xml</descriptor>
-              </descriptors>
-            </configuration>
             <phase>package</phase>