Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robert F. Hall" <rf...@berkeley.edu> on 2005/02/24 01:49:01 UTC

Re: [OT] Throughput and scalability

Ross,

I recommend that you think along the lines of expandability.
That is, a load balancer in front of tomcat(s) running on one or
more servers.  As demand increases you add more instances,
then another server.  There is also the nature of the communication
with the external system to consider.  It sounds like you should
profile the app at a range of loads, identify bottlenecks, and
design/specify accordingly.

-Robert