Posted to user@flink.apache.org by zanqing zhang <za...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/28 20:53:46 UTC

user driven stream processing

Hi All,

Has anyone done any stream processing driven by a user request? What's the
recommended way of doing this? Or is this completely wrong direction to go
for applications running on top of Flink?

Basically we need to tweak the stream processing based on parameters
provided by a user, e.g. show me the total # of application failures due to
"ABC", which is provided by the user. We are thinking of starting a flink
job with "ABC" as a parameter but this would result in a huge number of
flink jobs, is there a better way for this? Can we trigger the calculation
on a running job?

Thanks in advance.

KZ

Re: user driven stream processing

Posted by zanqing zhang <za...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fabian and Tony for the info. It's very helpful.

Looks like the general approach is to implement a job topology containing
parameterized (CoXXXMapFunction) operators. The user defined parameters
will be ingested using the extra input the CoXXXMapFunction take.

Ken

--
Ken Zhang
*Smart && Creative && Open == Innovative*

Re: user driven stream processing

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Wei <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi KZ,