Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/06 14:11:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1142920 - in /tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk: distribution/all/src/main/release/bin/ modules/ modules/assembly/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/policy/util/ modules/binding-ws-runtime-axis2/ modules/binding-ws-runtime-axis2/META-INF/

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:26 AM,  <sl...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: slaws
> Date: Tue Jul  5 08:26:12 2011
> New Revision: 1142920

> Log:
> Re-enable Rampart support in the ws binding so that WS policy can be applied. Add a test which, for the time being, demonstrates integrity.

How hard would it be to change this to be a separate optional module
so that if you don't need to use ws security then you don't need to
include all the extra jars this brings in?

   ...ant

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:26 AM,  <sl...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Author: slaws
>>> Date: Tue Jul  5 08:26:12 2011
>>> New Revision: 1142920

>>> Log:
>>> Re-enable Rampart support in the ws binding so that WS policy can be applied. Add a test which, for the time being, demonstrates integrity.
>>>

>> How hard would it be to change this to be a separate optional module
>> so that if you don't need to use ws security then you don't need to
>> include all the extra jars this brings in?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> I think that could be straightforward. I split out the code that loads
> Rampart but it still sits in the axis integration class inside the ws
> binding  modules. Hence the dependencies. . We could put that code in
> a separate module and we'd have to move the WSPolicy model there as
> well. The question would be then how/when rampart gets engaged.
> Possibly we could put it in the policy provider and add a check to
> only engage it if it's not already engaged. We'd have to try it and
> see if the timing works.

Ok, having a separate module and the policy provider do the engaging
sounds good to me.

   ...ant

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:08 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I think that could be straightforward. I split out the code that loads
>>> Rampart but it still sits in the axis integration class inside the ws
>>> binding  modules. Hence the dependencies. . We could put that code in
>>> a separate module and we'd have to move the WSPolicy model there as
>>> well. The question would be then how/when rampart gets engaged.
>>> Possibly we could put it in the policy provider and add a check to
>>> only engage it if it's not already engaged. We'd have to try it and
>>> see if the timing works.
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>

>> Are you going to do this or are you just talking about it as a
>> hypothetical thing for the future?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> Just talking about it at the moment. Still mulling over whether having
> a separate module is a good idea or not.

Hows this coming?

I'd really prefer security to be a separate module. I spent a lot of
time cleaning up the Axis2 bindings dependencies and had them down to
just a small handful of jars, but this adds back a whole bunch more
jars and trebles the size of the dependencies.

   ...ant

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.