Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Shane Wegner <sh...@cm.nu> on 1999/02/24 04:44:34 UTC

config/3956: Apache's configure script break under new versions of grep

>Number:         3956
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Apache's configure script break under new versions of grep
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When using gnu grep beyond version 2.2 such as the current stable
version (2.3), the configure script with Apache will break.  No
modules are recognized as valid and the configure script will not
complete.
>How-To-Repeat:
Just run ./configure --prefix=usr/local/apache using grep 2.3
and it'll fail.
>Fix:
Not really but if you find a fix, please email me.