Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Carlos Carcamo <ea...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/03 00:22:27 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_userdir question

Hello list, hope you're well!

I have a dummy question about apache and mod_userdir, I wonder if I
can have a website build with a language different to php on my user
directory (/home/my_user/public_html/) maybe something build with
python, node or another language and then accesing to it with
http://mysite/~my_user/, is this possible? or is a stupid question?

thanks in advance!

--
"El desarrollo no es material es un estado de conciencia mental"

Re: [users@httpd] mod_userdir question

Posted by Carlos Carcamo <ea...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all for answer.

I have a website (http://cshluesocc.org) and is on /var/www/, is
hosted on a cloud vps, I have created some users for my friends on it
and I've enabled mod_userdir so they can use their public_html
directory.
They want try some tecnologies (maybe python, golang, node.js,
whatever) to build their own web projects on their user space
something like this http://cshluesocc.org/~oswaldo/, thats why i'm
asking about if they can use another language different to php in
order to achieve their goal.

Thanks for reply, I'll take a look to mod_cgi.

Posted by Daniel <df...@gmail.com>.
I am not going into detail about where it is best to place your interpreted
files so, since httpd won't be the interpreter in any case, yes you can use
the language you want, python,lua or whatever you prefer, just make sure
you have the appropriate module loaded that can interpret the language you
will use, for example , lua is supported natively by mod_lua which is
included in httpd 2.4.x