Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barney Hamish <Ha...@ect-telecoms.de> on 2001/11/16 13:50:59 UTC

RE: Authentication with Tomcat 3.2 and IIS4

There is documentation on setting up JDBC authentication/JDBC Realms:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/index.html

One thing I found that wasn't documented you need to add
/<app name>/j_security_check=$(default.worker)
to your uriworkermap.properties file so that the request is redirected to
IIS correctly.

Hamish

Posted by Samuel Rochas <sa...@swipe.de>.
Hello,

Thank you for the help. Your messages helped me to understand better how
the thing is working, but the problem is still there.

I am now able to make FORM authentication (with both Tomcat 3.2 and 3.3)
but the BASIC authentication is NOT working.

I've tried the MemoryRealm only (thanks Craig, I've tried neither
JDBCRealm nor JNDIRealm yet, maybe later, I want to make work the simple
things first).

Does anybody have an Idea?

Sincerly
Samuel

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Samuel Rochas wrote:

> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:16:25 +0100
> From: Samuel Rochas <sa...@swipe.de>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Authentication with Tomcat 3.2 and IIS4
>
> Hello Hamish,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> Do you mean, the authentification and user management with Jakarta runs
> with the help of a database? Do I have other possibilities like using a
> config file instead of a database?

For Tomcat 4, there are a variety of places you can tell Tomcat to go vor
validating users.  Docs are included with Tomcat, and also available
online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/realm-howto.html

> Sincerly
> Samuel

Craig

Re: Authentication with Tomcat 3.2 and IIS4