Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com> on 2002/05/15 15:40:04 UTC

Cannot Resolve Symbol Error

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a webapp with Sun's Javamail demo jar file and I keep
getting "cannot resolve symbol" errors for the tag classes.  The classes are
in the jar file, the tld file is installed, and the web.xml file is setup as
the instructions indicate.

When I try to build the app in Forte I get the error when it tries to
compile the servlets generated from the JSP files with the tags in them.

It acts as if the jar file is not in the classpath, but it is in the
WEB-INF/lib directory of the app.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rick