Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2014/07/24 23:09:27 UTC

Re: Apachecon in budapest ?

good news: after some negociations, I now can say that *I'll be there!*

Let's plan some meeting and hope we can get something shareable with the whole
Maven devs community

Regards,

Hervé

AW: Apachecon in budapest ?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

I have to admit I enjoy the meetups with other Apache guys most. Especially the talks you have in the Hotel lobby after the sessions have ended or on one of the numerous after-conference events (Usually a booth crawl and some sponsored evening events will take place).

When attending to the normal conference program you usually get what you expect, as you select the talks according to your interests. But it's the evening events you get to know other Apache guys and end up with tons of new ideas and projects you never heard of and want to start investing your time in.

Usually after the third conference day are workshos and a brainstorming get-together-unconference-thingy where you discuss all sorts of Apache related things with other Apache guys that I wouldn't want to miss. The ApacheCon US 2014 was the first time I visited the Un-Conference and it was absoluteley worth the time.

My recommendation is to take the offer to stay in the conference hotel and to stay at least for the fourth day at the ApacheCon.

Chris

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Re: Apachecon in budapest ?

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.