Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Michel Schroeder <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/24 15:45:07 UTC

BIGFISH: importing "http:..." image locations

Hello,

I am referring to the "BF Admin Module Product Loader" doc, page 4:

"URL Locations: any image reference in the input file that begins with
“http” will use the
full URL reference as the file location. For example:
SMALL_IMAGE_URL = http://www.myimages.com/products/some-image.jpg
This indicates that the complete reference, without modification or appends,
should be
used as the file locator."

If I understand correctly, the file:
/bf/hot-deploy/osafeadmin/src/com/osafe/services/ImportServices.java, around
lines 4243 and following seams to benefit from a correction like that:

            	String defaultImageDirectory =
(String)imageLocationMap.get("DEFAULT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY");
            	if(UtilValidate.isNotEmpty(defaultImageDirectory)) {
            		if (contentValue.indexOf("http") != 0) {
	                contentValue = defaultImageDirectory + contentValue;
            		}
            	}

Without that correction the default directory path is inserted before the
url... Maybe I am missing some points?

Anyway, thanks and congratulation for Bigfish!

Michel

Re: BIGFISH: importing "http:..." image locations... and new fix !

Posted by Praveen Agarwal <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christophe,

Image URL issue has been fixed and is available in BigFish revision 1.10
which can be downloaded at
http://www.solveda.com/website/downloads/BigFish-eCommerce-v1.10.zip.

 If you need any help, please feel free to get in touch.

Regards,

Praveen Agrawal
Email: pagrawal@solveda.com

Posted by Praveen Agrawal <pa...@salmonllc.com>.
Hi Michel,

It's good to hear that you are exploring BIGFISH.

You are right that if you use the full URL reference in the input file, the
code will append the 'DEFAULT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY' path to the url.

To use the Full URL you can delete the 'DEFAULT_IMAGE_DIRECTORY' path using
the 'Image Location Preference' Section under the Product Load Functions and
then load the Products.

Currently While loading the products, Images are assumed to be already
located in the references given in the input file, so that it reduces the
time to copy all images from one location to another.

We are in the development to handle the 'http' url at both (Product Loader
and Product Images from Admin) places.

If you need any further help, please feel free to get in touch.

Again, Thanks for Keeping eyes on BIGFISH !

Thanks,

Praveen Agrawal

pagrawal@salmonllc.com