Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mustafa Cakar <Mu...@germany.sun.com> on 2001/01/08 17:45:44 UTC

store problem

	Hi !

	I have written a new filestore and put it in the SlideAPI (slidestore)
and reconfigured the Domain.xml like the Filecontentstore example.

	My problem is, that the filestore only comes up once during the
initialization, and I need it to be called again by the WebdavServlet for
every Webdav method (e.g. Propfind or move) that I call so that I can
send the token object with the corresponding file system information back
to the WebdavServlet.

	The Filecontentstore has the some problem: it is called only once. After
that, the data is read from memory How can I work around this?

	Thanks in advance !

Re: store problem

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi !
>
> I have written a new filestore and put it in the SlideAPI (slidestore)
> and reconfigured the Domain.xml like the Filecontentstore example.
>
> My problem is, that the filestore only comes up once during the
> initialization, and I need it to be called again by the WebdavServlet for
> every Webdav method (e.g. Propfind or move) that I call so that I can
> send the token object with the corresponding file system information back
> to the WebdavServlet.
>
> The Filecontentstore has the some problem: it is called only once. After
> that, the data is read from memory How can I work around this?

The ContentSTore is only responsible for handling the binary content of the
objects. That is used only by the GET and PUT methods (as well as MOVE, COPY
and DELETE).
Everything else is structure and descriptors.

I had started working on a file based descriptors store, but it's still
incomplete (and not working). If you're interested in working on that, it
could perhaps be a starting point. It's in
store/slidestores/FileDescriptorsStoreNoVersioning.

Remy