Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com> on 2004/03/31 02:13:43 UTC

Embperl under Apache2/mod_perl 2 with "worker' MPM

Hi -

Embperl 2.11b(cvs)/Apache2/mod_perl 2 using the 'worker' MPM does not work
for me. I assume it is a thread safe issue. It works fine
under the 'prefork' MPM.

Are there any plans to make Embperl fully thread-safe so that
Apache2's 'worker' MPM can be used under Embperl? If so, when
is it planned for release.

Aloha => Beau;

Re: Embperl under Apache2/mod_perl 2 with "worker' MPM

Posted by "Beau E. Cox" <be...@beaucox.com>.
On Tuesday 30 March 2004 06:24 pm, Gerald Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Embperl 2.11b(cvs)/Apache2/mod_perl 2 using the 'worker' MPM does not
> > work for me. I assume it is a thread safe issue. It works fine
> > under the 'prefork' MPM.
> >
> > Are there any plans to make Embperl fully thread-safe so that
> > Apache2's 'worker' MPM can be used under Embperl? If so, when
> > is it planned for release.
>
> Yes, I have plans to make it fully thread-safe, so it works under worker
> MPm (and under windows).
>
> I cannot say an excat date when this will happen, it mainly depends on the
> projects I get. If there is a project where I need Embperl in a threadsafe
> way (or anybody pays me for doing so), I will do it. Otherwise I guess it
> will take until the summer before it is done
>
> Gerald

That's fine for me.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> Embperl 2.11b(cvs)/Apache2/mod_perl 2 using the 'worker' MPM does not
> work for me. I assume it is a thread safe issue. It works fine
> under the 'prefork' MPM.
>
> Are there any plans to make Embperl fully thread-safe so that
> Apache2's 'worker' MPM can be used under Embperl? If so, when
> is it planned for release.

Yes, I have plans to make it fully thread-safe, so it works under worker MPm
(and under windows).

I cannot say an excat date when this will happen, it mainly depends on the
projects I get. If there is a project where I need Embperl in a threadsafe
way (or anybody pays me for doing so), I will do it. Otherwise I guess it
will take until the summer before it is done

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT (18. - 24. März 2004)
Halle 6 Stand B38-452