Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Olivier Austina <ol...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/08 16:14:57 UTC

UIMA without Eclipse

Hi,

I am new to UIMA. How to use UIMA without Eclipse. I want to do small demo
for non programmers.
Is it possible to use UIMA as GATE where we can quickly choose default
annotators to process a text? Thank you.

Regards
Olivier

Re: UIMA without Eclipse

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Am 09.09.2015 um 10:21 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> another thing you might find interesting is the Ruta workbench. It is a plugin for Eclipse and focusses on a rule-based language for text analysis (e.g. information extraction). It is somewhat comparable to the GATE JAPE component.
>
> http://uima.apache.org/gscl13.html#gscl.workshop
>
> It should also be possible to build and run pipelines within Ruta, although the construction process is like involving writing, not clicking things together. But I believe it might be more suitable for some of the UIMA component collections you find out there in the wild.
>
> Maybe someone more familiar with Ruta can point you to a resource with examples on how to build pipelines in Ruta.

Here's a simple example (withtout some syntactic sugar):
http://ki.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~pkluegl/publications/2014-NLE-Ruta.pdf
Page 9, Example 1
or here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/ruta/trunk/example-projects/ruta-maven-example/src/main/ruta/uima/ruta/example/Main.ruta?view=markup

Best,

Peter

Re: UIMA without Eclipse

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
I don't know if Argo [1] was already mentioned:

"Argo is a workbench for building and running text-analysis solutions.
It facilitates the development of custom workflows from a selection of
elementary analytics."

Best,

Peter

[1] http://argo.nactem.ac.uk/