Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by BURGHARD Éric <er...@systheo.com> on 2005/09/15 12:04:40 UTC

loc namespace and attributes in inserted nodes (CForms)

Hi,

I found that the loc namespace and several attributes are inserted during
the binding phase (inser-node). Theses informations are apparently usefull
for cocoon stack traces, but IMHO they should disapear during form.save().
I'm not sure. Is this a bug or feature ?

Regards

Re: loc namespace and attributes in inserted nodes (CForms)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
BURGHARD Éric wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>BURGHARD Éric wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I found that the loc namespace and several attributes are inserted during
>>>the binding phase (inser-node). Theses informations are apparently usefull
>>>for cocoon stack traces, but IMHO they should disapear during form.save().
>>>I'm not sure. Is this a bug or feature ?
>>>

>>Yes, this is a bug. The binding mixes instructions and elements that are
>>copied to the target document, and these attributes should be removed in
>>this last case.
>>
>>I'm currently doing a triple merge on CForms (2.2, 2.1 and Max
>>libraries) and will take care of this afterwards.
>>
>>Thanks for reporting!
>>

>It was not a regular reporting since i was not sure (and i understand that i
>don't need to fill-up a bugzilla ticket). Anyway it's me who need to thank
>you for merging :-)
>
>Can i do something for ajax support in FormsTransformer. Would it be better
>if i wait until your merges ? Is there a lot of change on AJAX
>implementation ?

The Ajax stuff has not changed and is identical in 2.2 and 2.1. But
there are a number of other small updates here and there, and the bigger
library stuff. So it's better to wait till the merge is done.

Sylvain

Re: loc namespace and attributes in inserted nodes (CForms)

Posted by BURGHARD Éric <er...@systheo.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> BURGHARD Éric wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I found that the loc namespace and several attributes are inserted during
>>the binding phase (inser-node). Theses informations are apparently usefull
>>for cocoon stack traces, but IMHO they should disapear during form.save().
>>I'm not sure. Is this a bug or feature ?
>>

> Yes, this is a bug. The binding mixes instructions and elements that are
> copied to the target document, and these attributes should be removed in
> this last case.
>
> I'm currently doing a triple merge on CForms (2.2, 2.1 and Max
> libraries) and will take care of this afterwards.
>
> Thanks for reporting!

It was not a regular reporting since i was not sure (and i understand that i
don't need to fill-up a bugzilla ticket). Anyway it's me who need to thank
you for merging :-)

Can i do something for ajax support in FormsTransformer. Would it be better
if i wait until your merges ? Is there a lot of change on AJAX
implementation ?

Eric.

Re: loc namespace and attributes in inserted nodes (CForms)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.