Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Narayanan Seshadri <Na...@Yodlee.com> on 2000/07/12 18:41:07 UTC

SSL suppport. Integration of JSSE

Hi,

I know there was some disussion about SSL support through soap-apache group.
Has anyone integrated JSSE (Java Secure Socket Extension from Sun) into
IBM/Apache Client?

Thanks
-Narayanan

Re: SSL suppport. Integration of JSSE

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
I am planning to do it, I have done a 'soapish' prototype some time ago but
there are several issues with the V1.1 reference implementation(s) which 'we'
must work on 1st. Would you be interested ?
IMHO without integrated SSL Soap is really just a big joke!  Who would send a
purchase order, or any financial information, over the wild wild Internet
without encryption and signature ?  Server side security (access control) is
also a very big deal. SSL would be able to solve both (almost? -).
Regards - George

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.