Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by wglass <wg...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/12 18:45:09 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] performance problem in one virtual host

Just a quick followup on this message.  I think Nick's theory on DNS was
right.  I talked to my ISP provider, and they do a DNS lookup in the switch
for every web request.  So, even though the server and client weren't doing
DNS lookups, the intermediate network was.  And the symptoms of the problem
were certainly reminiscent of sporadic DNS failures.  We've reconfigured the
DNS for the server and the problem hasn't reoccurred - I'm hoping this takes
care of it.

A belated thanks, Nick! for the help.

WILL