Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Michael Mattox <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/24 09:50:42 UTC

Help - The working directory uses numbers instead of the project names

This is causing us problems for the website and also for our source
paths (a project uses a src/main/config from another project).  Each
time we regenerate the working directory we have new numbers.  So
instead of "common" we have "147".  Is there something we missed in
the configuration?

-Michael

Re: Help - The working directory uses numbers instead of the project names

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
No, you don't have missed something. Actually, you can't choose the working directory.

Why do you use some files from an other project? Thses files are included in generated artifact?

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Michael Mattox a écrit :
> "No, you don't have missed something. Actually, you can't choose the
> working directory.
>
> Why do you use some files from an other project? Thses files are
> included in generated artifact?
>
> Emmanuel"
>
> --
>
> I'm talking about resource files.  They're not included in the jars we
> produce.  So we have this:
>
>       <testResource>
>         <directory>../config/src/main/config</directory>
>       </testResource>
>
> for example to put our common config files in a single project.

I think it isn't good to use config files from an other project and take them with a relative path.
A better solution would be to add your config files in a jar, put it in your repository and depends
on it in your other projects with a scope test. You'll can access to your files with
getClass.getResource(...) or something like this.

> The other problem we have is the website:
>
> http://adclinux:9090/continuum/maven/working-directory/21/target/site/
>
> You can see here 21 which should be "common".  Since these change we
> can't bookmark the site.

Continuum use a number (the project id) since this first version.

> Isn't there a way to use the real project names instead of numbers?
> Honestly the numbers don't make any sense to me.  We're trying
> symbolic links, not sure if that will work or not.

It isn't possible for now to change the working directory, perhaps in a future version.
target directory isn't accessible directly with continuum, so i guess you have an apache configured
to use this directory. symlink should work but it isn't a good solution to use target/site because
with each build the clean goal is launched so your site isn't always accesible. I think a deployed
site will be better.

Emmanuel

Re: Help - The working directory uses numbers instead of the project names